Wrench provides flexible authentication and authorization for Wowza Streaming Engine®. It enables you to integrate video streaming in your existing system, let it be a PHP website, Android application, you name it.
Wrench exposes Wowza application events such as a new client connecting, a new stream being published, client disconnects and more as custom SQL queries executed against your database or external REST API calls that allow your system to get notified of these events and react accordingly.
When used carefully together with secured network transport it allows you to secure and monetize your streaming content.
- User authentication and stream protection via securely generated tokens. How does it work?
- Allows hooking up existing external REST web service for authorization
- IP checking to prevent users from exchanging your links
- Token expiration check allows you to prevent users from reusing tokens later
- User-Agent black/whitelisting gives you control over the programs you allow to connect to your server
- Client lifecycle SQL hooks allow you to perform on-connect authorization checks, log total playtime
- Pay-per-minute and pay-per-view SQL hooks allow you to accurately book and bill stream consumption per stream, per Wowza application and per user
- Concurrent play checking can prevent users from watching your stream concurrently from different devices and locations
- Bring-your-own-SQL approach for smooth integration
- Wordpress and Drupal integration
- Publish stream and pay-per-minute events by POSTing to arbitrary HTTP endpoint containing JSON messages
- Protect your IP web camera stream
- Convenient web user interface for on-the-fly configuration
- Insight into ongoing streaming sessions with disconnect user by name functionality
- WebRTC protocol support
How does authentication work with Wrench?
Click here if you are interested in a 2 minute walkthrough of the technical details of the security mechanism offered by Wrench. If you’d better see this all in action, watch the below YouTube video.
Do you have questions?
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Comprehensive stream protection
Wrench gives you a complete protection against attack and leech mechanisms that otherwise needs to be addressed by a bunch of tools and techniques.
An overview of the Wrench authentication mechanism can be found here.
- Simple pay-per-minute solution for Wowza
- Forbidding Concurrent Stream Playing
- Dynamic Pay-per-minute Balance Checking
- User Authentication for Wowza Streaming Engine®
- How does Wrench authentication and authorization work?
- Video Chat / Streaming-as-a-Service Website
- Stream Access Control
- Web Service Based Authentication / Authorization
- Step-by-Step Wrench Setup Guide