Wrench for Wowza Streaming Engine®
Wrench provides flexible authentication and authorization for Wowza Streaming Engine®. It provides creative ways to integrate video streams with your existing system, let it be a Drupal website, and Android application, or anything, using a techie bring-your-own-SQL approach.
Together with secured network transport, it gives you secure solution against unauthorized people accessing your streams.
- User authentication and stream protection via securely generated tokens. How does it work?
- Allows hooking up existing external webservice for authorization
- IP checking to prevent users from exchanging your links
- Token expiration check allows you to prevent users from reusing tokens later
- User-Agent black/whitelisting gives you control over the programs you allow to connect to your server
- Client lifecycle SQL hooks allow you to perform on-connect authorization checks, log total play time
- Pay-per-minute and pay-per-view SQL hooks allow you to precisely book and bill stream consumption per stream, per Wowza application and per user
- Concurrent play checking can prevent users from watching your stream concurrently from different devices and locations
- Dynamically switch between public and secured streaming mode, drop your unverified clients when you go back to secured mode
- Bring-your-own-SQL approach for smooth integration
- Wordpress and Drupal integration
- Publish stream and pay-per-minute events by POSTing to arbitrary HTTP endpoint with JSON messages
- Protect your IP webcamera stream
- Convenient web user interface for on-the-fly configuration
- Insight into ongoing streaming sessions with disconnect user by name functionality
- WebRTC protocol support
Do you have questions?
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
How does it work?
Click here if you are interested in a 2 minute walkthrough of the technical details of the security mechanism offered by Wrench. If you'd better see this all in action, watch the below YouTube video.
- Flash/RTMP clients, such as JW Player
- HTTP based streaming technologies (Cupertino, San Jose and Smooth streaming)
- MPEG DASH streaming
- RTP streaming (e.g. IP webcamera)
- Tested with Android and iOS devices
- Works with Wowza GoCoder®
Comprehensive stream protection
Wrench gives you a complete protection against attack and leech mechanisms that otherwise needs to be addressed by a bunch of tools and techniques. Read more about the comparison of Wrench with other security mechanisms.
No third party exposure
- Wrench is not relying on external services, (not even for its own licence checking), so all your data is kept in the house
- No monthly fees, very simple connection number based licence plans offered
An overview of the Wrench authentication mechanism can be found here.